Thursday, May 9, 2013

Week of 5/6-5/9


This week has been a very productive week for me. I have gotten a lot of writing done, as well as a lot of editing. At the beginning of the week, Mrs. Moore asked me to compile all of my produced works so far for the term so that she could examine my progress, and I'm so glad that she did. It felt so nice to organize and manage all that I've come up with into one solid document, as well as gave me a different perceptive of my work. I made edits and corrections I wouldn't have ordinarily made because the idea that I'm handing something in for show makes me catch mistakes and little errors I might normally overlook. I was forced to clean things up in a good way. I also was able to tell what was presentable and what was not, showing me what needs more work and what doesn't. I even had time to draft more pieces. It was a great week in terms of productivity, even if it means I didn't come up with as much new material. This seems to be a great method of organization for me.

On Monday Kristin and I gave an inspirational presentation in Honors Writing, and it felt nice to share what inspires me in a tangible form for the class. I even went back and edited the draft that came from that video. I couldn't step away from laptop all week, and I'm proud of myself for all my work this term. I just edited all week, drafting here and there. I came up with a wonderful poem and a very different type of fictional draft, which actually rooted from a poem and morphed into prose with dialogue, which then became what it is.

The only thing I didn't pay much attention to this week is reading, but I don't mind. I've spent time each day and night - catching up on outside of class hours - working on getting my drafts put together and presentable. I feel great.

No comments:

Post a Comment