Thursday, May 2, 2013

4/20-5/2

The past three days of class have gone very well for me. I spent the first day catching up on logs and reading and I didn't write much at all, though on Tuesday I wrote a poem I don't like. Not an overly productive two days, but I'm not worried. I've spent plenty of time. Mrs. Moore gave me a new author to try and she seems great so far, I like her style. Different because she is simplistic yet so specific. Wednesday I had no classes, but I won a poetry award at Cum Laude day. Amazing. An incredible honor, to be recognized for something I appreciate so deeply.

On Thursday during my two hour block, I started four different drafts. I really only like two of them, but the point is that I was slightly stuck and I just took ideas and ran with them. I don't think I've ever done that much drafting in one sitting. The one I like most, doesn't even have an actual subject yet. I don't even know the point or storyline. It is just going to come along, I believe it. Very interesting day for writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment